Sleepy Bear was one of the 1st presents we got Jackson when I was pregnant. I couldn't think of a more catchy name so I went with Sleepy Bear. Jackson has never been the best sleeper, he takes after his mother. Sleepy Bear has always comforted him, but I have noticed lately that Jackson was not really paying much attention to whether sleepy bear was in the bed with him. I put him in the top of his closet because his friends were coming over, and he hadn't asked for him. Tonight when I was laying with Jackson before bed, he asked where he was and when I told him he was in the closet, he said ok. I said do you want him? He told me no. I have to admit I was a little sad because his not relying on his Sleepy Bear is another reminder that he is growing up. I must have had a sadness in my voice when I said, Are you sure? He looked at me and said, Mommy, I will want him if you want me to...I couldn't believe it! Now my child was acting older than his mother. I just hugged him and told him, no, honey that is ok, but thanks for that. I love you!! Awww, he is such an amazing kid.
What Is Not An Insulator
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment